Pet Travel Resources

Pet Travel Resources for Rockland County, NY


DogFriendly –, Inc. is the leading provider of nationwide city guides and travel guides for dog owners. We are dedicated to finding places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sightsee, or just go around town with your pooch, then you’ve come to the right place! We focus on listing places that allow dogs of all sizes (some of our advertisers allow small dogs only), as well as focusing on lodging that does not restrict dogs to smoking rooms. has been online since June of 1998 and we are always adding new dog-friendly places for you and your best friend.

Travelling With Your Cat – by International Cat Care. Most cats are not particularly happy travellers – they are usually bonded strongly to their own territory and feel very vulnerable off home ground. The rewards of staying with the family ‘pack’ or the potential of exploring or walking somewhere new at the end of the journey do not excite the average feline in the same way as its canine cousins. If you wish to take your cat on a train/car or air journey you will have to ensure it is safely and comfortably secure in an appropriate carrier and is kept confined at the end of the journey, at least until it has become bonded to the new territory. Of course you get the occasional cat which travels frequently with its owner and does not panic or run off in a new environment, however, these are few and far between.

USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service:

Export: Take your pet from the United States to a foreign country – The United States has minimal requirements for animals to be exported to other countries. (However, please be advised that there may be certain re-entry requirements if you plan to return to the United States with your pet.) If you are taking your pet out of the United States to another country, whether permanently or for a visit, you should do the following:

  • Contact the APHIS, Veterinary Services Area Office of the State from which your pet will be transported.  Your Area Veterinarian-in-Charge can provide you with the current regulations, tests, required forms, documents, and inspections.
  • Contact the visiting country’s consulate or embassy for information about any requirements that you must meet. A listing of consulates can be found at the U.S. Department of State website.

Import: Bring your pet into the United States from a foreign country.

Other government entities regulate the import of pets into the United States in certain circumstances and should be contacted.

U.S. Department of State, Pets and International Travel:



Location Hours

This location is open 24 hours a day/
7 days a week

Regular appointment hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 24 Hour Emergency Care for Pets 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Please call us at (845) 268-9263.